Board Governance Manual Workbook
“Governance is a more effective method of control than management for larger and more complex organizations.”
Every board has the responsibility to design its governance structure and process. Often this is handled by:
- Traditions and assumptions
- A random collection of board policies
- Policies lost in board minutes
The result is that a board may not have a complete governance policy manual.
Our cost-effective, fifty-page workbook is a complete template for the development of a Board Governance Manual. It includes three parts:
- Orientation to the Relationship Model™
- Board structure
- Board processes
One of your own board members will use our complete instructions to prepare for the one-day board retreat that will involve all your board members in customizing the template with your terminology and existing policies. One copy of our Governance Matters book suited for your organization, is included with your purchase of the workbook to assist your workshop leader in preparation.
Board members may also prepare by reading the Governance Matters book. Working together provides solid orientation to the Relationship Model™ and strong ownership of the final Board Governance Manual.
The workbook will be sent to you as an e-mail attachment (doc file) in the version suited to your organization. You may print as many copies as you need within your own organization.
The cost for the Self-Directed Workbook is $750 (C$ or US$).
- Support via phone and e-mail while your workbook is in development
- A review of your finished Board Governance Manual with recommendations
- A license to use the Relationship Model™ in perpetuity in your organization
- One year of support via phone or e-mail to advise you on questions related to changes and additions you wish to make.